It hangs below my Angel in the front room – seems appropriate given what happened last week because – Oh my goodness – I nearly had a fire!
The morning sun fills my craft room and makes it a very nice place to work. Last Thursday however it nearly caused a tragedy! Bright sunlight was streaming into the room and onto my lovely magnifier lamp which I use for close work and threading my overlocker. Unfortunately the magnifier top was burning my calendar!
It’s not very often these days that I am up before DH goes out and often it is an hour later when I arise. In that time the fire could have taken hold and I could have lost all my fabric at the very least, at worst the whole house could have gone up while we slept!! I can’t help but think my Guardian Angel woke me up that morning and helped me get straight out of bed! (Thanks Dadxxx)
So if you have one of these lamps make sure it is not near a window or that you cover the glass magnifer top at all times – you never know when the sun will come out. Hope none of the lovely crafters at the Handmade Monday linky party have had anything so scary happen? but if you too have any danger warnings please let us all know!!